Pledge Rewards

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED. You may still read and comment on these ideas, but voting and new ideas in this forum is closed.

- Post your ideas for the game itself in the GAME IDEAS forum (be sure to read items marked as WILL or WON’T DO, so you don’t duplicate).
- Post your questions for the developers in the Q&A forum, and vote on which questions are most important to you.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Expansion Pack

If the kickstarter is super successful how about an expansion pack.

1,211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    27 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We agree with the sentiment that Torment may not appear to lend itself to an expansion — we intend to tell a complete story for the PC. However, there are still expansion possibilities, such as a storyline involving secondary characters from Torment to explore what becomes of them. Planned in advance, we could even have some reactivity in the expansion that was based upon your Torment playthrough. We can devise a worthy expansion without detracting from the main game.

An expansion is something we’d only include as a reward if we saw that we could commit to making one. (Obviously, none of the funds from the Torment Kickstarter would be diverted toward an expansion for it. =) )

(A variation on this idea would be to have a reward that was a copy inXile’s next computer title. We have a “deluxe” version of this idea elsewhere in this forum —…

2. GOG.com version of game for all backers (+steam code)

GOG codes for the game as a standard for backing.
    Having it dual with steam codes right at the KS start would be great. (as everyone has a favorite one)

A GOG bonus code for backing for Wastelands 1 + The Bard’s Tale 1, 2, and 3 original classic games (as a standalone install for just the 3 original games)
    would be awesome.

848 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Broader character creation options.

I don't believe in giving characters some kind of permanent game advantage through Kickstarter (bonus weapons etc.) I do however think there are interesting possibilities in terms of the availability of feats, skills, classes etc that could be opened up as a bonus.

Taking the example of Torment: the game may require you to find a rogue or a wizard to learn these classes. That's fine and every player can do that. Being a backer however might allow the creation of said classes from the beginning of the game.

The important thing in my mind is that this option can…

614 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  In-Game  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Setting book

I'm not interested in playing this as P&P, but I think that a world book describing the setting would make a nice addition to the game. This kind of thing normally exists for P&P games, and may even be part of an existing book (core or player's guide), but I figure that it will be worth adding it for those not interested in these other books (or, as in my case, don't have an idea which of them if any contains this).

531 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  6 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Developer's commentary track

Portal had in-game commentary from the developers as an optional feature for replays

476 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  7 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Genuinely Leather-bound Numenera Bible.

Much like with the Fallout Bible, a book containing much of the lore of Numenera, its' famous characters, wars, bestiary -- though it would be excellent if you could describe the beasts of the world through the eyes of both scholars, townsfolk, and the other monsters themselves -- some short stories written by they key writer and maybe some by Chris Avellone, whatever you really feel could work for such a thing.

395 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mysterious Artifact

An artifact (like a little piece of something from the game) in a physical format that has a mini story line attached to it that is received before the game but kicks in the story in some ways. It is cryptic, mysterious and like a puzzle (might even require the entire community to put together the puzzle pieces).

367 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GOG copy of Planescape: Torment

Name says it all. A GOG copy of Planescape: Torment, for people who haven't already bought it yet, and to give to friends for those who have already.

359 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A Customized USB Stick made to look like an in-game artifact, containing DRM-Free versions of the game and other digital goods.

A Custom USB drive designed to look like something special in or from the game. It would contain drm-free versions of the game on all platforms and some other digital goods like the soundtrack.

Think of the Diablo 3 or starcraft 2 custom USB drives in the Collector's edition.

338 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  12 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interactive Digital map

Make digital map have interactive features, like when you click some place on it you get detailed information about that place (background story, number of residents etc. and area map of the place). And maybe it can show you how you have progressed in the game.

I know that this kind of maps are much expensive make than normal picture maps, but in my opinion they can add quite much to gaming experience.

333 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  7 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition

Wishful thinking but how about getting people a copy of the original Planescape Torment only with enhanced visuals. Have it so it can scale up to 1920 x 1080.
    It would give a new generation access to one of the greatest games of our time. Not to mention getting to hear some excellent voice acting from people like the late Tony Jay.

264 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Old School Carboard game box like the original Torment including DVD game, printed game manual and poster.

Collector's Edition also includes DRM-free soundtrack and Concept Art book.

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Film the process and provide monthly episodes to track the process

One of the best things about Double Fine's adventure kickstarter is 2 Player Productions' monthly documentary episodes. It gives insight into how game companies make magic and it is a great way to track what is going on. Providing something like that for Torment would be fantastic.

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would like to do this, but as some have commented, it would be a significant diversion of resources to do professionally. We could potentially do something informal, but it’s not clear that would be something worthy of increasing one’s pledge for — we wouldn’t want to set expectations for this too high and disappoint people with unpolished footage.

More feedback welcome (in case you would want very informal episodes as a reward), but right now we’re not planning for this for the above reasons.

14. A coin(or what ever it is) repicila of the games monetary

A physical coin(or what ever it is) repicila of the games monetary

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  6 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Limited-Edition Pendant

Pendant of the Torment logo.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Digital Numenera Module

Want to GM your own Torment-related adventure? Here's your chance with this exclusive Numenera module based on Torment. PDF. (Includes tie-ins to the game, but not required to play Torment.)

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Strategy Guide

For the true gamer. With this strategy guide, you'll know EVERYTHING. More maps, tables, and walkthroughs than even we know what to do with. Printed.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Physical Goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cosmetic Items for Backers

Something that bugs me in some RPGs is that I look like a bum until halfway through the game I get a decent looking piece of armor.

some games offer cool looking weapons and armor as pre-order bonus, so it could be good idea as a backers reward.

NOTE: These cosmetic items must NOT be more powerful than regular items because they make the game too easy and cheapen the experience, the are only meant to make you look awesome.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Digital  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As merely a cosmetic item, this may be an acceptable exception to the “no exclusive in-game content” guideline. =) But we are not necessarily planning to sentence players to “looking like a bum” for half of the game. =)

19. Replica of the Circles of Zerthimon? ;-)

Some kind of simple puzzle-box, where you hold one button, the first circle opens with a small scroll text inside. Hold two-correct buttons together, the second circle opens... And so forth.

Kind of a joke reward as I don't forsee this replica ever being made.

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Accompanying Choose Your Own Adventure style Novellas

I know it's already said that novellas will be done... but maybe if one or more of them were choose your own adventure style! For a Torment game in particular a standard novella just doesn't seem to feel quite right, as awesome as it is. It would just be incredibly awesome to have one that is like a choose your own adventure. Even if it were pretty short, this would be an incredibly accompaniment to the final product.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Pledge Rewards

Feedback and Knowledge Base