Game Ideas

Welcome! We’d love to hear your ideas for the game itself. Before submitting your own ideas, please check out the ideas marked as WILL DO or WON’T DO using the drop boxes below.

What are your ideas for the game?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Please give use a blank journal page.

Please give me a blank page in the journal menu to which I can add player notes. Basically just an empty text box for me to type in which saves me writing things down on paper which I always end up doing in RPGs.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have some sort of marker to indicate what items you can't take without it being considered stealing.

Not every RPG has the same views towards kleptomania. Some encourage you to take anything that's not nailed down, while others cause whole towns to attack you for taking simply picking up a spoon that isn't yours. It would nice if there were a way to distinguish which items NPCs value (for example, the Geneforge series labels such items as NY ["not yours"], and Fallout 3 gives picking up certain items a [steal] tag) so that I don't accidently piss off an entire household in my crazed scavenger hunts for anything that can be sold..

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Your solution is a good one, but we are striving for world consistency that makes it unnecessary. With respect to the consequences of your actions, common sense will apply – in general, we won’t be placing loot in places where it would be considered stolen. A couple related notes:

Loot generally won’t be strewn about, but will be found in places where it makes sense. This approach creates more challenges for us in terms of pacing and loot balancing, but allows us to keep emphasis on the narrative and world consistency.

We’re not planning for theft to be a major part of the game – Torment won’t have pickpocketing as a common activity, for example. This decision was mostly about controlling scope because handling things like pickpocketing or murdering any NPC would have required either immense work or sacrifices to the narrative that we felt would have been unacceptable.

3. Work hard on characters IA

In this videogame era most of the efforts are put on many aspects of game play, but characters IA seems to remain always a secondary aspect.
    I think that a game can have a fantastic gameplay, graphic and story, but if your interactions with NPCs are limited to a small selection of sentences and questions driven only by the quest there is no way to put something new (and interesting) on the table. I loved the fist Torment because it brought characters interations to a new level: a lot of dialogue combinations and effects never seen before.
    But in this…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability Checks in Dialogue/Scripted Interactions

Most of the time, we see a lot of things "checked" (usually with rolls) in RPGs:

Stats
    Skills
    Sometimes Race or Class or Gender

But, what about abilities? Whether they be innate (just a part of natural character progression) or things you can do via equipment, maybe something you can DO is useful in a given dialogue (or dialogue-like situation -- sometimes attempts at simply interacting with the environment are done, UI-wise, via the dialogue system, with options for actions instead of spoken lines).

I realize this game isn't going to use Wizards, but, for the sake of an easy…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Items within items - worlds within worlds

Items within items - worlds within worlds

One of my favorite (and most possibly obsessional/hoarder friendly moments) in that old game Disgaea was that every item you found could be taken after a certain level and explored, with it transporting you into levels and levels of quasi dungeons; every ten levels you explored and solved rendered the weapon more powerful, with bosses that you killed unlocking aspects of the weapon that were unsuspected before.

Even a common item could flourish (after the 100th level being solved, of defeating the randomly generated levels and bosses all the way to the Item…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  10 comments  ·  Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Critical Misses

I originally had this idea when I read an article that mentioned GM Intrusions. This idea is similar and I think it would add a lot to making the game flow regardless of what results you get on your rolls.

It always sucks to roll a critical miss. What I'm thinking of would be similar to how the original Fallout games handled critical hits: when one happens a percentile dice is rolled. A table for each type of enemy exists and the result of the percentile roll determined the critical hit you got.

With this it would be the same,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  9 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Two-way relationships system

There has already been an idea, which I find very appealing, to break up with an influence system: in most RPG games when you manage to max out some relationship meter the companions just fell blindly in love with your character. But then I'd like to suggest something more. In video games most of the friendships, romances and even within-the-team rivalry are fairly static as it isn't really possible to fall apart with NPCs without an obvious intent of the player. In a real life people tend to act on their views and form their opinions on your actions and…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  3 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gameplay after endboss kill

One of the most un-rewording things in all rpgs and many other games is that when you finally get the best weapons and the stats you always wanted the game ends. (Endboss kill) It would be amazingly awesome to play a few more hours after this peak, to play a bit with all the cool stuf you got just before and during the endboss. Sort of an aftermath, extended ending. Maybe a small boss you can go back to and finally kick his ass with thunder, and so on. Also some dialoge and exploration quests, like revealing background info about…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Non-standard fantasy races

One of my pet peeves in RPGs is the cut-and-dry human/elf/dwarf thing. I'd love to see some representation for other, less common races. Planescape already has a leg up on traditional high fantasy due to plane-touched races being more accessible and the like. But I would flip my lid if there were feytouched, gnolls, and lizardmen, for example. While it'd be cool to see npcs of non-standard races, I'd love to see one or two companions that stood out a bit, too. Those are always some of the most memorable and are frequently my favorite in RPGs.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A place, or an object like a gem, that reflects the soul of the player and his decisions

I would like to see something in the game that shows the principal memories of the decisions of the player. A changing place depending on what had he chosen. It could be a room, a solitude fortress, or even a glimmering gem, with each facet showing one decision.

The idea is to show in one glimpse the abstract of all the livings of the player, his own "Picture of Dorian Grey". If we've been honest and decided to play helping people, it could be a luminous place with beautiful furniture, or a sparkling gem with elegant emblems or little pictures…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New idea Planescape Torment

I'm very bad speak English, so write their own idea about the future Planescape Torment and in Russian, too! Great idea in the first part(I hope not less meaning and in the second episode..) and even do not want to offer ideas for the improvement of the narrative part, but have thought better implementation.. E.g. playing in the first Planescape Tornment and zavorajivaet her thought and depth and beauty was disappointed by the scarcity of game space on the physical plane(and not just guessing..) journey through the worlds - I would like to visit ALL of them! And to visit…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Companion fears, vendettas and belief systems affect combat and encounters

It could be interesting that in some cases your 'party' doesn't act as a group and you cannot predict how your companions would react to certain encounters.

A companion might refuse to participate in a fight on moral grounds, having sworn an oath not to harm a certain species, or they might have a phobic crippling fear when encountering a certain enemy that either prevents them from fighting or seriously cripples their stats.

Other companions might have a vendetta/hate against a certain NPC or minion and might attack even when you would choose a diplomatic solution or choose to run…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  1 comment  ·  Combat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Party effectiveness

In every regular RPG your party's strength is determined by the individual stats, the armament and the right combination of classes. While this is all logical and fine, it might be cool (and rewarding) to add more variables to this.

I would suggest the introduction of "Party Effectiveness". This number is calculated by a couple of internal and external factors such as:
    - The relationships between your party members
    - The amount of time fought together as a group
    - The amount of knowledge shared between members
    - The amount of recognition of leadership
    - Etc.

With this system, a…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Music Style Option

First of all i love music with rythmic and melodies and hate monotonous ambient music. But there are people who don't like listen drums in the music, so i propose an option to select style of the music.

In music setting page can be show a bar with "Ambient" of the left, "Rithmic" in the Middle and "Action" on the right.

Examples (sorry for some games i choose :D ) for exploration of an outdoor area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxonCQ-VXIU&list=PL61E5E1012F567279
    This is what i call ambient music. No drums no rythm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoo2VZr1vVE&index=26&list=PL2365885CE95FD26A
    This is my example of "Rithmic" music. It's not combat music…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  5 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Control Over Prepared/Off-Turn Actions (i.e. Overwatch)

One of the biggest complaints about turn-based combat is that you pick stuff to do, then watch the turns play out and hope for the best, and things quite often don't go your way. Well, that's a perfectly valid complaint, to be honest, and I think combat could benefit greatly from the simple addition of more precise/significant control over actions that take place on the enemy's turn (things such as Overwatch -- hold your attack, and make your attack whenever the enemy enters your attack range of a given facing).

Overwatch is the easiest example I can think of, so…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Combat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have PC's voice reaction to commands/idleness change over time, reflecting the current situation

We're all familiar with the beloved "I'm gone", or "What's the holdup?", or Morte's casual "Sure, why not."

I love how in Planescape: Torment we saw (or heard, rather) the character's idle voice reactions change depending on where you were. "We might be in the worst place in Sigil at the worst time, Chief!", or TNO's epic "This is it..." within the fortress of regrets. I would love it if we saw the reaction to click commands change depending on the situation and where you are as well.

I believe it would allow for much more immersion, as the character…

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  7 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. watch zardoz

i think all you guys should watch zardoz

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple threats of different nature, working against you, simultaneously.

Too many times we have been given a path to follow in which we can only deal with one mayor enemy force at a time. Not as many times we have been granted the oportunity to see two of them in action (maybe two enemies that suddenly start attacking each other while ignoring you or two types of enemies that work good with complementary capabilities that make you struggle more). This sort of ideas have been well received.

I suggest that this game being as sophisticated as it is storywise, could even go one step further. Why not have a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  2 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. This multiverse Torment

Write this thought with reference to my previous idea (New idea Planescape Torment). I read the news about the coming of the project Torment tides of numenera and its updates - very interesting, especially the main idea with a particle of God, travelling plans.. But something very much and did NOT like it and would very much like what you would do differently, namely:
    - what the world after death you have decided to arrange in the form of imagination and illusion that the player has the option not to travel in it is very wrong and in no event…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unpredictable dangers of a labyrinth.

I bet I don't have enough knowledge to talk about these themes but here are some ideas nonetheless.

What if there was something that under special conditions... allowed the consciousness of the enemy that killed you to take form and wander through the halls of your inner self? Depending on the motivations of those beings they could eventually become allies (escape and survive at any cost) or nightmares that drive you crazy even when you are outside making themselves right at home in your suffering state possibly weakening you through the game, (maybe acting behind your back for a while…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base