Game Ideas

Welcome! We’d love to hear your ideas for the game itself. Before submitting your own ideas, please check out the ideas marked as WILL DO or WON’T DO using the drop boxes below.

What are your ideas for the game?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. including the unachievable

It's not our successes that stay with us as much as what we couldn't do--as several people have said, games have a tendency to set up pass/fail scenarios that allow characters to eventually become demi-gods. With saving and reloading, it's possible to have a "perfect" character who does all the available quests. He or she gets all the kittens out of the trees, stops all the wars, defeats all the enemies, etc.

I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to forget my in-game successes in favor of what I haven't done yet or couldn't do. I think, in…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Found noises

One of the things I really liked about the original PS:T soundtrack was the amount of woodwinds and echoing percussive sounds woven into the theme for particular locations--many of the instruments used sounded like something that might be available to the people in that world to play. A pipe made of pipes, for instance, or a drum made of a jar alongside tradition hide-and-wood drums, or wordless vocal choruses.

I was particularly struck by the degree to which echoes played a role in that soundtrack, all of which was echoed in the theme (the Nameless One as a series of…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time system

hey guys, one question and maybe one suggestion. the world of game is set billion years in future, and earth spin is slowing down in rate that you can add one hour to day/night cycle per 140 million years. so if the game is going to have time system - one day should have circa 31 hours, not 24 ;) good luck, cant wait to play this one

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  4 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not Everyone Is Special

Any setting, any world, is bound to be mostly populated by what must commonly be thought of as mundane, normal, and simply not worth paying particular attention to. A fantastic and eclectic setting like this might have a different definition of what is considered mundane, but it will have *some* notion of it, and that notion will by definition be the prevalent norm.

What I'd like to see avoided is taking those things which should make the player feel exceptional and unique and evenly distributing it across the world so that everyone and their grandmother is a magical, dimension-hopping, adventurer…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  3 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export a book to the txt file.

While traveling through ninth world, for sure we will get a lot of different books, scrolls, or we will be in possession of a journal that will try to gather information about the world around us.

There are people in this world who do not have much time to play, some 30 minutes a day. Maybe you could add an option to export, all the books, scrolls,journal  which we can find directly into a text file? So, to be able to read what is already found for example on smarphonie ...

What do you think?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  3 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Synesthetic location

Synesthesia is a contidion where two or more senses interpret the same input; giving sound color etc.

A synesthetic location might be made, where senses get interchanged by ancient technology. The PC would hear the door but see the knocks, or he'd feel color as touch...

It might be possible in some dialogue-driven space (such as a sensory stone was in the original PS:T).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Diversity among Humans in-game.

Something that concerns me a bit is that, from what I've seen of the game and concept art so far, all of the Human characters are light-skinned with conventionally European facial features. Surely in a world set a billion years from now on Earth as we know it, filled with nanobots and genetically-altered monstrosities, darker-skinned people who don't have conventionally European facial features shouldn't be /too/ rare/unbelievable? A franchise which handled this adequately, would be the Baldur's Gate series with its inclusion of characters like Dynaheir, Yoshimo, Valygar, and even Cernd. Another good example would be the Star Trek franchise…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The setting actually requires that human characters have a mixed race appearance — with varying shades of skin (mostly darker), but not white/European features, and certainly not white across the board with a couple token diverse characters. It is very much our intent to show a more diverse Ninth World. Where there are white characters, these are exceptions and even called out as such by the other characters.

That said, we’ve noticed a natural tendency for people (all people, our team included) to identify “mixed race” as “white.” Monte Cook Games expressed this as well when we discussed Ninth World racial appearances with them. This makes it a challenge to present a mixed-race world that is obviously not white, and we are constantly working to improve our character presentation on that front.

So we definitely plan for diversity, but you will not be able to change the complexion of the…

8. Improvised weapons / items

It would be nice to be able to use items for other things than only what their purpose is.
    A wrench is an improvised hammer.
    A Pistol, another improvised hammer!
    You get my point, more hammers! - just kidding,.
    Maybe assign a few stats to every item, like hardness, elasticity, sharpness, etc..
    A rag makes a horrible hammer but is great for touching electrical wires, a chair is a decent hammer, but fantastic at keeping a door open.
    I guess what i am trying to say is that improvising tools / weapons aids immersion, and shouldn't be to hard to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By their very nature, a lot of numenera items are improvised tools. But we will not implement a system where you can freely improvise any item into a weapon or tool of another kind, this would be outside of our game’s scope.

9. In-game notebook

It's nothing special, but since I am one of those few who have only limited time to play, a notebook where i could write down clues i picked up would come in handy, because otherwise they will be forgotten until the next time i play, and searching through conversation logs can be somewhat boring or irritating :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  1 comment  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More long side quest branches

I would like to be able to get away from the storyline when I want. It would be nice to have a few long side quest branches for this. This will help to get to know the characters and dive into the world of the game

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't let high conversation skills be implausibly powerful.

I love playing a charismatic/guile hero, so I love resolving situations verbally in RPGs. Precisely for that reason, I would like to ask that high conversation skills not always be enough to resolve a problem.

Some people should not be able to be convinced just because I have a high skill. If a religious fanatic talks to me, I should not be able to make them convert to atheism based on one or even two or three conversations. I might be able to sow a little doubt, sure, but it shouldn't be possible to change entrenched opinions that are truly…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Non-romantic strongly emotional relationships

Rivalry, hate, admiration, lust, pseudo-paternal/-maternal, etc. etc. There is a huge amount of interesting and meaningful interpersonal relationships that don't involve romantic love. Please let me get to know this interesting companion and make an emotional bond without mandatorily getting in her/his metaphorical pants.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lulls in the main quest to let sidequests exist more naturally

A lot of rpgs have urgent main storylines, which can make the sidequests jarring, as my character incongruously takes a break from saving the world or escaping the angel of death to help a baker with his marriage troubles.

Now, I love sidequests when done well, as they let me grow my character into a personality, get to know the setting and my companions and even form emotional ties with npcs.

That is why I would want the pacing of the main story to allow room for these smaller stories to exist without that disconnect of ignoring the meteor overhead…

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Types of violence

It would be cool to have different types of violence. For instance if you insult a little girl onlookers might get offended, even talk back at you, or maybe even attack (if you throw your drink in the barmaids face and her protective boss is arround).
    Also it would be realistic if most people will try to avoid a physical fight, unlike most RPGs where everyone will get into a bloddy knuckle match over almost any insult..
    In conclusion, there could be physical violence and psychological (verbal) violence, since the game can be played with minimal combat if one chooses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Combat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have some sort of HUD of past dialog with NPCs.

In order to remember what was said to NPCs as well as their reaction to you, I would like some sort of heads up display with a summary of past dialog, or at least if they "like" you or not. Many times in games with many NPCs with similar looking names and images, it is difficult to remember what one said an hour ago, let alone a week or two ago (in real time) since that character was last encountered.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deserters.

Tl,dr : NPCs shouldn't blindly adhere to the faction they belong to, there should be different levels of commitement.

There are differnet factions, wtih different agendas, but that doesn't mean that every one belonging to that faction is equally convinced of it#s goals.
    For instance, if there are two factions with the same goal, let's say to have one of theis leaders elected for major, as to have some influence on the local trade, not all the faction members will like the proposed candidate equally.
    So now, if the PC wanted to get elected himself (for whatever reason, I am…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Avoid RNG-abuse for skill checks

I loved Wasteland 2, but one thing annoyed me in particular: I found myself unable to stop abusing the "save / load / load / load ... until success" option for all kinds of skill checks. I saw an idea further down here where the suggestion was to implement skill checks with random results -- the other option being a simple greater-than-or-equal comparison with a difficulty rating.

I also saw a mention from one of the developers regarding degree of success of dialogue options, which sounds like a great idea.

My suggestion for skill checks is one that can be…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow companions to make their own decisions on occasion

It's a real shame that companions in cRPGs tend to be little more than sidekicks. Sure, they may have interesting background stories and a couple of quests related to them, but aside from that the only card they ever get to play is to leave your party if you really annoy them.

While I understand that the player should always feel like they're the driving force behind the story and that their fate in the game world should ultimately be decided by the choices they make, I think that keeping companions on such a tight leash is a missed opportunity.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make music ever-present: avoid silent scenes

One of the (very many) things I absolutely adored about PS: T was its ever-present music. Virtually every area had its own distinctive music. Even areas that didn't (catacombs beneath Buried Village, tunnels under the Ragpicker's Square, HIve Mausoleum, etc.) had strong environmental audio attached to them.

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity recently and while it is a superb game in terms of gameplay and storytelling, after a while I realized I do miss this point. You enter someone's house - it's quiet. You walk into a new, undiscovered area of some forest - quiet again. You enter Gilded…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base