Game Ideas

Welcome! We’d love to hear your ideas for the game itself. Before submitting your own ideas, please check out the ideas marked as WILL DO or WON’T DO using the drop boxes below.

What are your ideas for the game?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More long side quest branches

I would like to be able to get away from the storyline when I want. It would be nice to have a few long side quest branches for this. This will help to get to know the characters and dive into the world of the game

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lulls in the main quest to let sidequests exist more naturally

A lot of rpgs have urgent main storylines, which can make the sidequests jarring, as my character incongruously takes a break from saving the world or escaping the angel of death to help a baker with his marriage troubles.

Now, I love sidequests when done well, as they let me grow my character into a personality, get to know the setting and my companions and even form emotional ties with npcs.

That is why I would want the pacing of the main story to allow room for these smaller stories to exist without that disconnect of ignoring the meteor overhead…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Non-romantic strongly emotional relationships

Rivalry, hate, admiration, lust, pseudo-paternal/-maternal, etc. etc. There is a huge amount of interesting and meaningful interpersonal relationships that don't involve romantic love. Please let me get to know this interesting companion and make an emotional bond without mandatorily getting in her/his metaphorical pants.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't let high conversation skills be implausibly powerful.

I love playing a charismatic/guile hero, so I love resolving situations verbally in RPGs. Precisely for that reason, I would like to ask that high conversation skills not always be enough to resolve a problem.

Some people should not be able to be convinced just because I have a high skill. If a religious fanatic talks to me, I should not be able to make them convert to atheism based on one or even two or three conversations. I might be able to sow a little doubt, sure, but it shouldn't be possible to change entrenched opinions that are truly…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export a book to the txt file.

While traveling through ninth world, for sure we will get a lot of different books, scrolls, or we will be in possession of a journal that will try to gather information about the world around us.

There are people in this world who do not have much time to play, some 30 minutes a day. Maybe you could add an option to export, all the books, scrolls,journal  which we can find directly into a text file? So, to be able to read what is already found for example on smarphonie ...

What do you think?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  3 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Diversity among Humans in-game.

Something that concerns me a bit is that, from what I've seen of the game and concept art so far, all of the Human characters are light-skinned with conventionally European facial features. Surely in a world set a billion years from now on Earth as we know it, filled with nanobots and genetically-altered monstrosities, darker-skinned people who don't have conventionally European facial features shouldn't be /too/ rare/unbelievable? A franchise which handled this adequately, would be the Baldur's Gate series with its inclusion of characters like Dynaheir, Yoshimo, Valygar, and even Cernd. Another good example would be the Star Trek franchise…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have some sort of HUD of past dialog with NPCs.

In order to remember what was said to NPCs as well as their reaction to you, I would like some sort of heads up display with a summary of past dialog, or at least if they "like" you or not. Many times in games with many NPCs with similar looking names and images, it is difficult to remember what one said an hour ago, let alone a week or two ago (in real time) since that character was last encountered.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synesthetic location

Synesthesia is a contidion where two or more senses interpret the same input; giving sound color etc.

A synesthetic location might be made, where senses get interchanged by ancient technology. The PC would hear the door but see the knocks, or he'd feel color as touch...

It might be possible in some dialogue-driven space (such as a sensory stone was in the original PS:T).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Avoid RNG-abuse for skill checks

I loved Wasteland 2, but one thing annoyed me in particular: I found myself unable to stop abusing the "save / load / load / load ... until success" option for all kinds of skill checks. I saw an idea further down here where the suggestion was to implement skill checks with random results -- the other option being a simple greater-than-or-equal comparison with a difficulty rating.

I also saw a mention from one of the developers regarding degree of success of dialogue options, which sounds like a great idea.

My suggestion for skill checks is one that can be…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make music ever-present: avoid silent scenes

One of the (very many) things I absolutely adored about PS: T was its ever-present music. Virtually every area had its own distinctive music. Even areas that didn't (catacombs beneath Buried Village, tunnels under the Ragpicker's Square, HIve Mausoleum, etc.) had strong environmental audio attached to them.

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity recently and while it is a superb game in terms of gameplay and storytelling, after a while I realized I do miss this point. You enter someone's house - it's quiet. You walk into a new, undiscovered area of some forest - quiet again. You enter Gilded…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Jellied hydra eyes in aspec...

...try it, you'll like it.

Something I remember from the original torment was all the hawkers selling their wares. It’d be a nice throw back to the original torment to have the hawkers back but this time be able to buy what they are selling. HeHe, and maybe find some jellied hydra eyes in a pickle jar that no-one can seem to open

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow companions to make their own decisions on occasion

It's a real shame that companions in cRPGs tend to be little more than sidekicks. Sure, they may have interesting background stories and a couple of quests related to them, but aside from that the only card they ever get to play is to leave your party if you really annoy them.

While I understand that the player should always feel like they're the driving force behind the story and that their fate in the game world should ultimately be decided by the choices they make, I think that keeping companions on such a tight leash is a missed opportunity.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make a Dynamic Codex based on the player choices AND player stats at the MOMENT the notations are made

In a discussion about the "Dumb journal" we had in the Fallout games I've came across this idea.

The journal would be a dynamic thing, which would register the events dynamically, based on your choices AND your current stat pool. So for example, if the Last Castoff entered a city with a Int pool of 18, with it's tides pointing to some greedy selfish person he could write something like:

"10/09/29990 of Ninth,
    At this date i've come across the city of Ashuaeuhsu, the people on the streets are well dressed and the residences are ample and nicely decorated. I…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  1 comment  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Conversations quoted directly

I was over at a friend's house recently, watching him play Pillars of Eternity. He was having trouble with a certain point that I'd already passed, and when I explained the solution and how I picked up on it from clues in a conversation, he lamented that he was unable to review previous conversations.

Not everyone has the time to play our games regularly. Days or even weeks may pass between play sessions, and information learned from dialogue with NPCs may be forgotten. The journal in PoE can be handy at times, but if clues to the solution of a…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please, avoid usage of limitation of view area while the character or the group is moving

(or make this area large enough).
    It is the main aspect that annoys when playing Pillars of Eternity, because it is impossible to enjoy the beauty of sceneries. I apologize if this idea is not new (search gave no results).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The best idea can be expressed in one single sentence.

Dear Torment developers!

The best idea can be expressed in one single sentence. I'm sure you can create a really complicated story, but please make it absolutely clear. If you don't know if the idea fits your story well you can use simple question: "What would the story loose if I'll get rid of this idea?". If the answer is "nothing", cut it out bravely. I believe in your skills and perfect sense of style.

Best regards

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  6 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Castoff Legacies affect Replay?

Tides of Numenera ... suggests that the world has its own tides ... I think it would be pretty cool if the end legacies of your prior castoff's play through affect the tides of the world in some way in your next play through as the castoff. I'm not sure if this would be feasible, but I think it would be pretty cool and could possibly add some major replay-ability if implemented successfully.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  2 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Not ending like Mass effect or Pillars

I would like to ask the developers not to opt for a Mass effect type of ending or in the recent case a Pillars of Eternity type where the end comes down to a set of X number of choices which spoils all the long way you made to get to it.
    I may have missed the "really cool ending" in Pillars if there was any, but i believe that any content that will not be seen by everyone is probably not important.

So what type of ending i am talking about?

Well for example there could be moments where…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are taking steps to have Torment’s ending to feel like an organic outgrowth of the choices you’ve made throughout the game. Ideally, Torment players should find the ending they experience to feel both rewarding (given their choices) and realistic.

19. New Playable Character

Wearing a crazy shapeshifting mask, the character looks as though they might not have any trouble fitting in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Maximum party size dependens on charisma

I really liked the idea that charisma effects the number of party members you can take along with you. This was present for example in Arcanum. Normally the charisma stat has the problem of not being very useful battle-wise. Of course you can have a class that has abilities based on charisma - but for all other classes, charisma is a dump stat. This for instance doesn't really let me play a charismatic warrior. But if the number of my companions depends on charisma then all of a sudden, it is worthwhile to sacrifice the strength of a warrior for…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Numenera has three main attributes: might, speed and intellect. It does not have a direct equivalent of charisma. Torment’s part size will be 4 people in total (the Last Castoff and three companions).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base