Game Ideas

Welcome! We’d love to hear your ideas for the game itself. Before submitting your own ideas, please check out the ideas marked as WILL DO or WON’T DO using the drop boxes below.

What are your ideas for the game?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Degrees of Success

This mainly pertains to dialogue, but COULD pertain to other areas, I suppose (skill checks, etc.). But, too often in RPGs, the game is full of thresholds. To use a simplified example, if you have a Speech skill of 16, and you need 17, you completely and utterly fail to persuade someone of something. "You should let those prisoners go!" "LOLZ! Never gonna do that!". Then, if you have a 17, you just get a response of "... My god... you're RIGHT! *lets them go.*"

You're either laughable, or you're a jedi. Wherever applicable, there really should be several degrees…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Release date should be moved to 2016

Looking at how badly W2 turned out in several departments, to say the least, i dont want similar to happen to the Tides. You should move the release date either to 2016 or to when its done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  4 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Attack Ability Idea

A virus that resequences your genes and DNA and changes the way you look. Here is how this idea would *feel*, if contraposed with an opposite ethos of disfigurement:

http://www.renaissancemusings.com/charybdal-stone/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flashback montage of the character who occupies and spiritually and physically possesses the bodies of others.

I would like to have some first hand visual experience as to how the Forgotten Ones come into being, before being discarded. Could there be a storyline that presents a sequence of how the discarded husks of numenara (is this the right use of the term?) come into being, focusing on their deaths and falls into disuse?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Torment items!

Who else wants to see Celestial Fire or Ravel's Fingernail in this game? I for sure do! as cameos\bonus items, perhaps?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Time Travel Device from an Ancient Civ?

I wrote a short story about one such device: http://www.renaissancemusings.com/future-forward/

It would be cool to introduce time travel mechanics as a magical assistance for your avatar, to help players avoid death in the game and add excitement to the story. You can get an idea of how the mechanic works from the story I wrote.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A cool start menu

Planescape Torment had a cool, original artistic start menu that invited you to play the game. On the other hand, Wasteland 2 had a lame, uninspired one that featured little effort.

Compare yourself:

http://bisgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/19.jpeg
    http://moss.oldmindgames.com/wp-content/uploads/wasteland_2_beta_screenshot_main_menu_2013-12-12_00001.jpg

Torment deserves more effort in these things, so I hope the game features a beautiful UI as the original game had.

Please, take into account little details like this one, because they're what make PS:T a masterpiece.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No Skillcheck indicators during dialogue

I saw at the Torment First Glimpse video that a [Persuasion] label appeared next to a dialogue option. Please, remove those kind of things to make the player think carefully what should he say instead of just showing the option that indicates that his character is skilled enough to get a certain kind of bonus. Also, make all skillchecks that the player can't pass invisible, just like the original Torment did.

Also, any kind of text not related to descriptions or dialogues should be removed since they kill inmersion.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That dialog option is not one that becomes available because the character possesses a certain skill, it is a Difficult Task the character is about to attempt. As it is an active skill use that the player can put Effort towards we decided to tell the player what skill he’s using. Passive skill use does not show up until after you pick the option.

9. Planescape Torment OST Redone

I would love to see all the tracks of Planescape Torment redone for Numenera. I am especially a fan of the Fortress of Regrets theme, but honestly, all that OST was pure genius.

Which are your favourites, and which ones you absolutely want to see again in Numenera?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Replicator/Nanoconstruction Crafting Device

I wrote a short story about one such device:
    http://www.renaissancemusings.com/screenplay-absolute-value/

It would be nice to have an item in the game, either in the inventory, or through interactions with the game world, that could generate objects or characters.

It makes sense, with all this 3D printing craze that's going around

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  0 comments  ·  Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Sound cinematics" menu

For music lovers, there might be a "sound cinematics" menu - just as there is an archive of cinematics, there might be an archive of main themes of individual locations the player's already accessed.
    Mark's music is a very strong component and it'd be a shame not to allow players to savour it as often as they so desire.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Evolving Appearance (affected by Tides)

There's a similar idea posted, but it goes well beyond this concept.

I know the Last Castoff is a set character, so there is no appearance customization. But I was hoping that my dominant Tide(s) could have an affect on my Last Castoff's appearance?

I'm thinking of something in the vein of the Fable games, where your alignment caused changes in your character's appearance. TTON has a LOT of Tides, and we can have more than one dominant Tide at a time... which I think could make for some pretty cool appearance changes!

I don't have any specific suggestions in…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  1 comment  ·  Art and Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overtolkien combat

Do not chew me if it was posted somewhere before, my dears :) Whatabouthat: player is startin' the high-lev sophisticated conversation with a boss who undoubtedly will end the chat with endless fire. More talkin' - more clues and wisdom with exp, more points to initiative and int/wis checks somewhere later but... more combat units appears, at some point after the coversation even deadly overpowerin'. Should we cut the game earlier or stay awhile and listen? :)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  10 comments  ·  Combat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please make dialog more exciting

Wasteland 2 was an awesome game, but most of the times i had dialog I found myself just pressing every dialog option until I ran out of boxes to click.

Everytime there was a "smart/hard/kiss ass" option you always knew that that was the best option and that it wouldn't fail. so you start with that one. After you picked that option, if there was any boxes left to click, you click them all and then move on the next npc and repeat.

I'm not saying this was every dialog, but this strategy worked in most of them.

In Torment…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Expand the game to be essentially a MMORPG! :)

This world is a perfect setting for an MMORPG, and it doesnt matter that it is the aethestic that it is, its the same as Ultima Online. If Ultima Online had these graphics, I would still be playing it! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dialog show speed option

Just watched the video with gameplay and I would suggest that we can control how fast that dialog pane scrolls. I thought it waayyy too slow. I can usually read and make decisions pretty fast but that scrolling, even if smooth, is really distracting. Controlling the fade/scroll option (or making it instant) would be great

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Feature caricatures of the inXile team as small, quirky easter eggs

Feature caricatures of the inXile team as small, quirky easter eggs... such as Comin Overcomb, Chris Alone... it might give the game a nice glib tint. C material of course.
    Honestly, I stole this idea from the Brian Fargo anagram in Wasteland 2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  3 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have dialog still be a choice during combat.

Even with extremely hostile foes, I want to try my hardest at verbal diplomacy. There could be situations where talking will get me nowhere but I still want the option to at least try talking it out.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In Depth Epilogues With Art

I think most RPGs end up having some sort of epilogue, but usually it's just text and maybe their character icon. I think having a longer almost credits like feel for your companions would be marvelous. As if each companion was a game itself and their future actions after the end of the game were the creator's names. you could have concept art fade in and out to aide the progression of the final story of your faithful, or decidedly not faithful, followers. In this way also you could more easily cement some outcomes in the game as companion's are…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A Path where "All Life Matters"?

I remember seeing some thing of the sort before but i couldn't find it, and it talked about adding a green tide which symbolized growth and life in general.
    Though it didn't make the cut maybe it would be possible to add a path in the game where you can be an extreme pacifist and try as much as you can not to kill anything because what you value is life in general, not simply your life?

As we the vegan philosophy, it's a hard concept to fulfill and there are many paradoxes so it seems like an interesting idea…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  2 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base