Game Ideas

Welcome! We’d love to hear your ideas for the game itself. Before submitting your own ideas, please check out the ideas marked as WILL DO or WON’T DO using the drop boxes below.

What are your ideas for the game?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More long side quest branches

I would like to be able to get away from the storyline when I want. It would be nice to have a few long side quest branches for this. This will help to get to know the characters and dive into the world of the game

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    considering  ·  3 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have some sort of HUD of past dialog with NPCs.

In order to remember what was said to NPCs as well as their reaction to you, I would like some sort of heads up display with a summary of past dialog, or at least if they "like" you or not. Many times in games with many NPCs with similar looking names and images, it is difficult to remember what one said an hour ago, let alone a week or two ago (in real time) since that character was last encountered.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  2 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lulls in the main quest to let sidequests exist more naturally

A lot of rpgs have urgent main storylines, which can make the sidequests jarring, as my character incongruously takes a break from saving the world or escaping the angel of death to help a baker with his marriage troubles.

Now, I love sidequests when done well, as they let me grow my character into a personality, get to know the setting and my companions and even form emotional ties with npcs.

That is why I would want the pacing of the main story to allow room for these smaller stories to exist without that disconnect of ignoring the meteor overhead…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  1 comment  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Non-romantic strongly emotional relationships

Rivalry, hate, admiration, lust, pseudo-paternal/-maternal, etc. etc. There is a huge amount of interesting and meaningful interpersonal relationships that don't involve romantic love. Please let me get to know this interesting companion and make an emotional bond without mandatorily getting in her/his metaphorical pants.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Maximum party size dependens on charisma

I really liked the idea that charisma effects the number of party members you can take along with you. This was present for example in Arcanum. Normally the charisma stat has the problem of not being very useful battle-wise. Of course you can have a class that has abilities based on charisma - but for all other classes, charisma is a dump stat. This for instance doesn't really let me play a charismatic warrior. But if the number of my companions depends on charisma then all of a sudden, it is worthwhile to sacrifice the strength of a warrior for…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make music ever-present: avoid silent scenes

One of the (very many) things I absolutely adored about PS: T was its ever-present music. Virtually every area had its own distinctive music. Even areas that didn't (catacombs beneath Buried Village, tunnels under the Ragpicker's Square, HIve Mausoleum, etc.) had strong environmental audio attached to them.

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity recently and while it is a superb game in terms of gameplay and storytelling, after a while I realized I do miss this point. You enter someone's house - it's quiet. You walk into a new, undiscovered area of some forest - quiet again. You enter Gilded…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sound and Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Castoff Legacies affect Replay?

Tides of Numenera ... suggests that the world has its own tides ... I think it would be pretty cool if the end legacies of your prior castoff's play through affect the tides of the world in some way in your next play through as the castoff. I'm not sure if this would be feasible, but I think it would be pretty cool and could possibly add some major replay-ability if implemented successfully.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Degrees of Success

This mainly pertains to dialogue, but COULD pertain to other areas, I suppose (skill checks, etc.). But, too often in RPGs, the game is full of thresholds. To use a simplified example, if you have a Speech skill of 16, and you need 17, you completely and utterly fail to persuade someone of something. "You should let those prisoners go!" "LOLZ! Never gonna do that!". Then, if you have a 17, you just get a response of "... My god... you're RIGHT! *lets them go.*"

You're either laughable, or you're a jedi. Wherever applicable, there really should be several degrees…

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Dialogue and Description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flashback montage of the character who occupies and spiritually and physically possesses the bodies of others.

I would like to have some first hand visual experience as to how the Forgotten Ones come into being, before being discarded. Could there be a storyline that presents a sequence of how the discarded husks of numenara (is this the right use of the term?) come into being, focusing on their deaths and falls into disuse?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shopkeeper NPC

Clothing is truly a miracle. It is so alien and yet so necessary as a consequence of civilized society.

When my CLOTHING causes me harm, I mistrust the entire industry.

What if there was a shopkeeper selling cursed clothing that I could remove from the game somewhow.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Release date should be moved to 2016

Looking at how badly W2 turned out in several departments, to say the least, i dont want similar to happen to the Tides. You should move the release date either to 2016 or to when its done.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  4 comments  ·  Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Beast Hunter Class

Introduce a beast hunter Jack that uses technology to scan enemy beasts, then produce clones or simulacra of them from biomass harvested from a standard attack against the creature. There would be no mana pool, instead, there would be a "Beef" meter of how much biomass has been collected before a copy of the enemy monster can be made. The copies would be player controlled and retain the attacks and abilities of the original baddie, but have the ability to target enemies instead of friendlies.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A Brush With Cannibalism

The old addage: "If they're going to eat each other, then I'm going to eat them." breaks down in groups where all that remain are people in a wrecked out husk of a city that has seen ages of war. Please no mind control of human NPCs. Beasts only.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Combat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Comical NPC Character

Could there be a comical character who has seen too much violence done to his person, who lives in a workshop in the french style and attempts to achieve world peace by taking the batteries out of everything.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  0 comments  ·  Companions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Romantic Interludes

Will one of the companions be a king who wants to take over the world?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spells Should Be Charicatured as Opposed to Mathematical

Will the spell animations be mathematical like D3, or hand drawn and animated like PS:T? I'm not certain how much 3D modelling animators tools will allow for unique character (physical dance of inert materials) in the weapon styles and animations.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  0 comments  ·  Art and Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New Attack Ability Idea

A virus that resequences your genes and DNA and changes the way you look. Here is how this idea would *feel*, if contraposed with an opposite ethos of disfigurement:

http://www.renaissancemusings.com/charybdal-stone/

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    seen  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please make loot/environment markers optional/toggleable

If there are going to be some kind of UI markers* hovering above all the lootable bodies, containers or other interactive parts of the environment, please make those optional/toggleable in the game options.

(*typically these things look like something out of Star Trek, and are immediately displayed to highlight all the lootables without requiring hovering the mouse over the individual container/loot in question [or without requiring pressing the highlight all key, for that matter].)

I'm not asking that such markers be taken away from everyone else, merely that they are not mandatory for cranky old bastards like myself.
    To me…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Technology and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A cool start menu

Planescape Torment had a cool, original artistic start menu that invited you to play the game. On the other hand, Wasteland 2 had a lame, uninspired one that featured little effort.

Compare yourself:

http://bisgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/19.jpeg
    http://moss.oldmindgames.com/wp-content/uploads/wasteland_2_beta_screenshot_main_menu_2013-12-12_00001.jpg

Torment deserves more effort in these things, so I hope the game features a beautiful UI as the original game had.

Please, take into account little details like this one, because they're what make PS:T a masterpiece.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base